How to start a political career and become a successful politician when there is no political family background, no money and no muscle-power? The three ingredients that are not inherent to politics, but sadly define politics in India today. Paradox indeed! However, the upside to this unfortunate reality is that it is good that you lack these three as they lead to democratic recession and underdevelopment- evident in Bihar’s context. To become a successful politician what you require is good intent, sound strategy and a quality political platform. Many people may have good intent but they remain a non-starter because of the absence of the latter two. Plurals is here to help you- well intentioned aspiring reformers, with both.
Here is an opportunity to give back to your society. Bihar Municipal Election is scheduled to be conducted in early months of 2022. To serve people and to realise your political ambition, start your political career from the grassroots. Become a Ward Councillor or Mayor or Deputy Mayor and work for society with real power to transform urban landscapes to assist people with a better quality of living. Under the Bihar Municipal Act 2007, apart from Mayor and Deputy Mayor, a Ward Councillor is granted substantial power opportunity to serve people. Under section 16A of the said Act, power and responsibility of a Ward Councillor are defined as below:
16 A - Powers and functions of the Councillor-
(1) To attend Municipality's meetings.
(2) To carefully study the matters placed before the Municipality for consideration and take an active part in Municipality's decision-making processes.
(3) To take active part in determining Municipality's objectives and policies to ensure that they are appropriate for the local area.
(4) To carefully study Municipality's resource allocation, expenditure incurred and efficiency and effectiveness of its service delivery especially to the poor and women and ensure equitable allocation of resources for service delivery to all sections of society.
(5) To bring to the Municipality''s attention anything falling within the Bihar Municipal Act, 2007 that would promote the welfare of or protect the interests of the communities especially the poor.
(6) To actively participate in Ward Committee meetings and facilitate preparation of development plans in consultation with Ward communities especially the poor and the women.
(7) To observe implementation of development plans and programmes in his Ward and bring to the notice of the Municipality any gaps or shortcomings needing correction.
(8) To help the Municipality in identification of beneficiaries of government programmers for the welfare of the communities, especially the poor and the women.
Plurals intends not only to help you in starting your political career but also stand by you throughout your tenure as Ward Councillor once you win the election. Plurals will give you a working strategy and ideological platform which will ensure that you establish your political image as a true and efficient politician.
The Plurals Party believes in equality of political opportunity. It completely stands against clientelism, corruption and hereditary politics. It is a platform of collective action and thus people of Bihar from all spheres, of all identities who believe in the ideology of Plurals are eligible to apply for the candidature from their respective constituencies/wards. You will be given a fair and equal selection and the Plurals Poll Committee will evaluate your application and vet your CV with utmost sincerity. The non-negotiable qualities that The Plurals Party seeks in a candidate is complete commitment to duty, impeccable work ethics and dedication to party ideals. Once you are chosen as a Ward Candidate, you will be given a year long work-oriented training for shaping your political career at the ward level from Plurals officials under the direct observation of Party General Secretary Shri Anupam Kumar Suman, Retired Civil Servant & Municipal Commissioner.
Hence, if you believe that every individual is equally important and an end in themselves, if you believe that the hardworking people of Bihar deserve better, if you believe that Bihar has immense possibilities and is as capable as any other state in India, if you believe that policies and programmes that guarantee a better quality of life to people should be the sole purpose of politics, policies and governance and if you believe you have what it takes to be a Plural then apply here.
[To be considered for the candidature, you need to fill a brief form and also required to submit two documents. First, a statement of purpose (SOP) in 1000 words enumerating your educational and professional background, commitment towards society, consistency with Plurals’ ideology and strategy for winning the election. Secondly, you are also required to submit an updated CV (Bio-data) with your latest photograph. If the committee finds your application eligible for consideration then you will be invited for an interview. During the process or in case you are not invited, kindly refrain from sending texts, mails and phone calls as the decision by the committee is rigorous and fair, and thus shall be considered the last. Under normal circumstances the decision shall not be altered. However, there will be plenty of opportunities of political participation in future and we encourage and welcome your applications.]